Full course description
If you are new to Canvas, this self-paced tutorial will get you quickly up and running by implementing the Preparing to Launch course template, available in Online@UT (Canvas), and you'll benefit from the detailed instructions found in this tutorial. If you are already an experienced Canvas user, this tutorial will help you dig a bit deeper into the capabilities of Canvas and Zoom and to refresh your skills.
In this tutorial you'll learn how to:
- Create an inviting course Homepage.
- Employ a course template designed by OIT to help structure your course site.
- Upload course content to include recorded lectures, PowerPoints, links to external web resources and other materials.
- Create assignments that are automatically linked to the gradebook and the course calendar and establish a standard method for students to submit assignments.
- Create online assessments using the Canvas quiz tool, in which quiz questions and distractors can be randomized to create unique student attempts.
- Deliver live lectures and conduct office hours online in Zoom.
- Time to complete: 30 minutes
- Audience: UTK Instructors
- Credit: none
- Offered by: Office of Innovative Technologies, UTK